Fibre is a form of carbohydrates found naturally in plants. It is found mainly in fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, seeds and whole grains, and does not contain calories.
Fibre adds bulk to your diet and makes you feel full faster.
- Attracts water and forms a gel, which slows down digestion
- Regulates sugar intake and slows its absorption
- Delays the emptying of the stomach
- Reduces bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Found in broccoli, spinach, grapefruit, beans, zucchini, orange, grapes, whole wheat bread, oats, apple, carrot, pear, lentils, etc.
- Relieves constipation due to its laxative effects
- Adds bulk to your diet
- Speeds up the elimination of toxic waste through the colon
- Found in fruit skin, whole-wheat flour, whole grains, nuts, seeds, brown rice, onions, dark leafy vegetables, cabbage, bulgur, etc.